Monday, August 23, 2010
Farmer's Markets
I'm a week in and doing very well with my next 101 Things To Do in 1001 Days (Day Zero) Project endeavor.
#75. Buy fruit and veggies from local farmers for an entire month
Crystal City has a farmer's market every Tuesday and I went to Eastern Market this past weekend as well. Crystal City had some amazing peaches and red tomatoes which I will definitely have to go back for tomorrow. I did find it necessary to go to Eastern Market to get eggplants, yellow tomatoes, corn, and cucumbers though. Terence found me this "Farmer's Market Finder" at WashingtonPost.com which I think will prove to be immensely helpful this month:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/foodanddining/features/2010/farmers-markets/index.html
I'll let you know when I've crossed it off the list! Anyone know of any absolutely spectacular farmer's markets in the area I should check out?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment