. . . you're stressed.
Everyone's saying it's the beginning of the end and I'm starting to think I'm the only person who is insanely depressed by the sound of that statement. I'm part-time this semester and I'm enjoying it so far. If I could, I'd go to school forever. But then there's that whole student loans thing and I'd just keep getting my B.A. over and over and over again in different departments. My yoga class is a new experience, my LIT class is forcing me to read more, and my Feature Article Writing class is forcing me to be more aware of the news.
Feature Article Writing is the only thing standing between me and finishing my major requirements. The class is just a constant reminder of how I love to read articles, but I have lost my love for writing them. Mandatory four interviews, people who don't return your calls or emails, quick deadlines, I don't think it's for me. When I once thought it wasn't for me, now I know it isn't. In retrospect, it is all about choosing which article to write. By choosing an exceptionally difficult topic you're shooting yourself in the foot. Our first assignment is to write a News Feature, a feature story based off of a news event. I chose to grab the student view of the Google vs. China conflict. I'm planning on interviewing students who have been abroad in China about their experiences with the Internet censorship over there, hopefully a student studying here from China, and then an expert, most likely an AU professor who specializes in China. Here's hoping it all works out in a week. I might alienate Gill in the process.
I find joy in things that can't make me employed. Like thinking of Christmas gifts for my family that I can make myself. I like tooling around design and interior decorating blogs all day and coming up with new ideas on how to completely change a product. If it was nice outside you'd find me on a blanket in a park reading ALL DAY LONG.
Only 37 days until Florida :) I'll get some nice weather then.
I added some links to my other blogs on the right hand toolbar. One is my one photo a day blog which I just passed the one year anniversary of! I enjoyed it so much that I started another year of the Photo 365 Project. I figured I couldn't stop when I just got a new camera. Now that's just mean.
Here's my photo from today one year ago:
Tonight is another episode of American Idol and I'm not going to lie and say I'm not excited.
More soon!
NLK
I just watched American Idol... and I'm so sad I missed the Katy Perry episode, it sounds like it was loads of fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for Hollywood week with Ellen! Katy Perry was something else on that episode! I still think Kristin Chenoweth gave the best advice as a guest judge though. She was awesome.
ReplyDelete