Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Raining . . . Again

I'm going to go out there and say that rain is the most depressing weather in Mother Earth's creation. Yesterday we had a day (a cold day) of sun and after only one day of rest it is raining again. 

I'm in the mist (no pun intended, but still funny) of the last week of classes. One paper, a newspaper redesign, a dance recital, a presentation, and two finals stand between me and winter glory. And it will be winter glory. I made a list of fun things I can do at home with my mom and sister, some of which include New Jersey highlights and some of which include me dragging them into NYC to do fun touristy things I haven't done in a while. This does not include the tree in Rockefeller Center. I've seen it. It's big. It usually comes from Connecticut. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, though, that I have never done before. I do plan on watching the tree lighting from my warm (almost dry, despite a leaky ceiling) apartment tonight. Color me excited for the break. I am going to vow not to be bored the entire two weeks I'm at home. 

I have been so on top of my Christmas presents it's astonishing. I have had the majority of the gifts bought and wrapped since before Thanksgiving, but now I'm just anxious to get them out of my closet and into the hands of those they're addressed to. I have done a good job accomplishing  #99. Finish all shopping for the year by Halloween (Birthdays, Christmas, Etc.)  but I think next year I'll be even better at it. I'll have to post an updated list of my 101 things to do in 1001 days because I am making some good progress! I straddled my first photographed state line over Thanksgiving break so I'll have to post that photo soon also. And the girls and I have decided to run a 5K so let the training begin!

I'm done procrastinating and I'm going to get back to my date with my History of Rock and Roll paper.
Wishing everyone a dry Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment