Work has been absolutely ridiculous lately. It has become a massive wad of politics, so bad that people forget to care about each other and be nice. I received four assignments yesterday due by the end of the week. This is more than a month after a policy was put in place that people had to come to me two weeks in advance with projects. Needless to say I cannot wait for Thanksgiving when everyone leaves and no one can send me assignments.
Today I have a date with a paper due tomorrow, but after that I have an assignment to redesign the WWPNews (my choosing) which I'm actually excited about doing. Color me geeky but it's a lot of fun and I've only done 2 out of 8 pages needed so far. Here's a link to their current pages. I'll upload some of my redesigned ones when I'm completed.
I also have a paper to write for my History of Rock and Roll class. The topic I chose was the role of lyrics in the folk revival. I thought the folk revival was one of the most interesting musical waves that we looked through. The end of the semester is difficult though. While you would assume that these two papers are the final, they are in fact in addition to a final exam and another final essay. That's just mean.
I also have a video project to work on but I got all of my video at the event I covered the Open Mic Night on Friday night. Now I just have to figure out how to edit in Final Cut Pro! That's one thing I'll never catch on to, broadcast journalism.
There's good news, I guess. I'll graduate eventually and won't have to deal with the SG anymore. This weekend is the Sugarloaf Craft fair which I'm excited about as well. Hopefully I will have found a form of stress relief by then.
Wishing everyone a peaceful mid-week!
No comments:
Post a Comment